6. No tag-backs
7. You can't say that you don't do tags
8. You MUST make up journal entry
(*I'm not a big stickler for tags and rules just do it if you want haha)10 facts about me:
1. I cut my own hair.
2. My glasses make my eyes sore but the optometrist says there's nothing wrong with them or my prescription :/
3. I am currently reading my first Murakami book (The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle) and it's taking me ages because I need to stop every few chapters to mull over what he's written but I love it so much!
4. I have new socks sitting on my desk from Christmas.
5. One pair of these socks is rubber-ducky patterned and I love them almost as much as the Murakami book.
6. I always have to draw the nose of a face first, it puts the rest in context for me for some reason.
7. My favourite medium is ballpoint pen because I doodled so much in my books in high school with it.
8. I love the ocean and rain and cool, windy but sunny days in our Australian winter...
9. I have hay fever and am clumsy but for some reason am persistent at working in a cafe.
10. I have an older brother and we get along swell.
Questions I was asked:1. What do you think about color blue and how would you describe it?
Blue is my faaave colour it's so calming and clear and draws you in.
2. Do you think dogs/cats knows we love them?
Probably, in their own way.
3. When was the first time you really cried?
When I was born xD Nah gee I'm not sure, well one time I do remember was when I used to do gymnastics when I was little and the training was really hard and one time I just totally broke down and had to have a pep-talk from our well-meaning coach. That was one of the first times I remember feeling such conflicting emotions like nger, hate, incompetence, sadness, wanting to give up, detachment, humiliation, hope and confusion all at once.
4. Can you describe your perfect morning?
I wake up at 7am in autumn; it's cool but not freezing, and sunny, and a gusty wind is swaying the trees outside my window. The light comes through my closed eyelids first, white and pure, it draws me to the edge of consciousness for a few moments before coaxing me out of an intriguing dream. My brother is already awake and he bounds up as I'm coming out of the bathroom with, "Do you wanna make pancakes ?" We go crazy making pancakes with a lot of dancing about, drama and wacky ingredients, and afterwards I go outside and face the wind with my eyes closed, feeling the warmth of the pavers under my feet and breathing in a fresh new day. )))
5. What was the last thing on your mind yesterday?
"There's so many amazing people out there...how can I compare? What if I'm never successful? What if I'm never good enough, worthless?? God, I have so many things to do, how do we find these things to entertain ourselves this thing called civilisation..."
6. Do you like ketchup?
7. What do you think about poetry in general?
I think too many people (including me!) like to write it but don't read it enough and then use it as a cop-out for 'being artistic' when they really just can't be bothered to make something more substantial out of their thoughts or they think it makes the thoughts seem more profound. I really like creating it as it helps me put abstracted, sometimes disjointed thoughts into a concrete form, and often the words just seem to come of their own accord but I think there's a difference between creating for yourself and creating to share with other people. It's nice enough to read and study/analyse, but I do prefer prose, novels and plays etc.
8. Would you love to meet a celebrity one day? Who?
Only if it was in a casual setting, small group or one on one, I hate the rushed, screaming fan setting almost as much as some of them do I think. Maybe (if they count as 'celebrities') Tavi Gevinson, Benjamin Cook (ninebrassmonkeys), Candice O'Reilly (candysomething), Elon Musk, Emma Thompson.
9. Do you like it here, on Deviantart?
Um yeah it's pretty good I guess, I'm not that involved here though, more so on Tumblr haha.
10. I love you, do you love me?
My questions to you:
1. What is something you're excited about for 2016?
2. Would/do you prefer reveling in the mystery of knowing something is so huge you'll never fully understand it and you'll always be discovering more, or knowing that even though the thing is so vast, you have the means/ability to eventually understand it fully?
3. Are you sarcastic? What do you think of sarcasm in general?
4. Would you rather be unloved (uncared for, devoid of reciprocated affection, etc), or not respected (i.e. in low regard, not listened to or taken seriously etc). I know they are kind of the same thing in a way, but...what do you think?
5. What do you doubt yourself most in and why?
6. What are you most confident in and why?
7. What is something you think a lot of/most people care too much about?
8. Were you a good or bad/rebellious kid when you were younger? How about now?
9. Name/describe one thing/trait you admire about someone you like/look up to?
10. Do you think the people around you/your friends understand you well or not really?
And ok I don't really know many people here on dA so I'm going to tag some randoms whose art I like or who I've randomly talked to like once or watchers or whatever..
*despite what the rules say don't feel obliged to do it or just do part of it or anything you want it's meant to be fun ^_^
...idk I don't really know anyone and don't feel comfortable tagging people so there you go, if you see this and want to do it just say I tagged you